Is this normal ?

my little boy is hiting his head over thing. He has a heamal on to reshape is head. evertime he wakes up he sits up and staters hiting his head. is this a normal thing or should i be asking a doc about it.

badensmom

Asked by badensmom at 10:36 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't know if this is normal or not. My son did/does the same thing. He is already 4 years old & still head bangs on things. The doctor has told me not to worry about it, but I will soon to be getting a 2nd opinion.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• GO ASK A DOCTOR. HE COULD HURT HIMSELF AND SOMETHING COULD BE WRONG!
    Anonymous

• i dont think he will hurt himself he has a helment on all day and he is smileing when he does this
    badensmom

Answer by badensmom at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Some kids do this and think it's funny. When he does it, consistnely take his hands and show him how to be gentle, and repeat that "gentle" over and over, lol. It took a few months but my daughter doesn't do it anymore.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• He is probably hitting himself because of the helmet. He knows there is something on his head and is just trying to play with it. My daughter kicks everything whenever we put shoes on her.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i never thought of that thanks
    badensmom

Answer by badensmom at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my oldest son went through a phase, where he would bang his head on my parents wooden walls, when i asked the peds about it they said not to worry if it hurt bad enough, he would stop. he would just laugh but it scared the crap outta me.lol. it's probably a mixture of things, his age and the helmet.
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 3:17 AM on May. 30, 2009