I am 37 weeks and I am 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced. How longer do I have to wait?

I went to the doctor, she told me I am 1.5cm and 50% effaced. I am tired of being pregnant and want this baby to come out. How long do I have to wait? Does this mean she is coming soon? What do I need to do to induce labor! I did all the tricks in the book; walk, eat pineapple, have sex etc. I can't wait any longer!

WowitsEM

Asked by WowitsEM at 10:45 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Women can go around dialated for WEEKS AND WEEKS!! How dialated and effaced you are means nothing as far as when you will go into labor.

You are term so your baby can come any time now but she will come when she is ready!

You can try raspberry leaf tea, cumin tea, nipple stimulation, sex (wait to get up for 30 minutes so the sperm can set), or squatting for a short period.

These things may or may not work. Nipple stimulation is particulary good at inducing but honestly most babies come within 2 weeks of their due date and due dates can be off so I would just wait it out because you could actually not be as far along as you think. LMP and ultra sounds are not accurate at guessing the exact date of conception so due dates are just estimated guesses.
    Anonymous

• I was about the same but still had to be enduced at about 42 weeks. I don't know why my son didn't want to come out...I think its totally different with every single person.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It all depends...I was the same way for a couple weeks!But sitting indian style and going up and down the stairs put me into labor!
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Have you dropped yet?
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Wellshe has to come within the next 5 weeks. Congratulations, you're almost done!
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 10:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes! i dropped. FINALLY, just last week I did.
    WowitsEM

Answer by WowitsEM at 10:56 PM on May. 29, 2009