Temperature! PIOG

My 3 year old son isn't feel too good. Really grumpy and fussy, crying about every little thing...I checked his temp. and it says 96.3. I checked it 3 times and it comes back around the same temp. I checked my temp and it says 99.0. Is it normal for a 3 year old to have a temp that low. Why is it that low? He is not teething. He has all his teeth. I know how to take his temp and I know I am doing it right. What could be wrong with him if he has such a low temp. It is 69 degrees in my home so.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:46 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hi,
    Sorry your little person isn't feeling well. Low temp can also be a sign of a virus. Not much to be done but let them sleep it off.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:26 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Do you have another thermometer? I'd call the nurse or doc to see what they thought. Until then, rest and juice pops help!
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yeah, both thermometers are working fine on me and my daughter it is just my son. He is asleep right now on the sofa so I am hoping he sleeps through the night.

I would just like to know what could cause his temp to run so low if it is not cold in the house.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• how were you taking his temp and how were you taking yours? If you take it under his arm you have to add a degree so that will make it better. If you dont have it exactly placed then it wont work right either. I bet his temp is fine
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:38 AM on May. 30, 2009