Is this rude?

I watch my sister's baby two to three times a week. She works long hours. Single mom. I guess her car leaks oil. My husband get upset because of the spots it leaves. Just little ones. However he wants her to park in the street. She has a little one that she has to carry in with a car seat. Here she is working a 16 hour shift and he wants to complain to her that her car still leaks. She is tired. Her eyes are half open and he has to bring this up. It upset me because she is so tired. He acts like a arrogant jerk when he brings it up. He has a power washer I am sure he can spray it off. Am I being too sensitive or does he need to lighten up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• The power washer will get rid of it. He's overreacting. Although, she really should get it looked at. But, he shouldnt be a jerk about it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Man I'm going to sound bad but I'm sorry... oil leaks should be repaired... it's damaging to our enviroment (that's why it has to be in the pan thing to be recycled or disposed of properly). That in itself should be the main thing. I realize she's tired, I'd be tired too. It's his driveway too and it's not too much to ask her to not park there if she doesn't want to fix the leak.
    Some people are neat freaks and some people would do it just because they didn't like the person. Doesn't matter if he has the power washer or not, if she knows it's leaking and it bothers him, she should comply...
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think he needs to lighten up it's not like it's on the carpet or something. Maybe your husband could fix her car so it doesn't leak oil then he's doing him and her a favor. My BF would probably say the same thing though and I would tell him to fix it for her or deal with it! But I'm just blunt like that sometimes.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think he's being too picky. Tell him he can back off because it's your sister and she's going through a tough time. He could go buy her a bottle of stopleak if it's really that big of a deal to him. He could help her instead of bitch to her!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:59 PM on May. 29, 2009

• She tried to fix it last time he complained. She paid fifty dollars. Her money is so tight.
    Anonymous

• kitty litter works wonders for soaking up oil..and its not that expensive. i think he's using this as an excuse, instead of barking about whatever his real problem is. perhaps he's jealous..of your giving attention to someone else..men are like that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:05 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with ajquin...He should help fix it if he is going to bitch about it. If he won't then too darn bad for him. If he is upset about it then he should be willing to go out to the street to get the baby and the carseat whenever she comes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Instead of bitching about it, he should offer to look at and fix the car. He is over reacting. He can use kitty litter or the powerwasher to get rid of the oil stains. He needs to just chill. She is doing the best she can and he could be a nicer person.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Why did my hubby just come up here and yell at me over this. I told him to get over it. He just keeps telling me that she is the one that is rude for ignoring his request. I told him to help her fix it because her money was tight. He steamed off and slammed the door. What the H.....?
    Anonymous

• Maybe he should offer to fix her leak for her or take it somewhere at his expense to get it looked at. If he's that anal over his driveway how is he regarding your lawn? Does he even let the kids walk on it? LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:55 PM on May. 29, 2009