HELP

How can I make my best friend thats a boy NOT LIKE ME but not hurt his feelings at the same time. We've been best friends for 2 years now and I don't feel the same way as he feels and now he is getting WAY too overprotective and annoying!
I like him as a brother and I trust him and everything
But I don't have those kind of feelings for him.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

Miszross

Asked by Miszross at 11:01 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• You have to set some rules for him I guess... that he's got to stop with the overprotection that you are not interested in him that way and you never will be. That if he doesn't cool his heals then you're going to have to give up on the friendship.
    There's no way to not hurt his feelings... but you owe him the truth and if he's annoying you, how long are you going to be friends or not mad at each other?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh wow. I haven't been through that one in a while. Tell him the truth, straight up how you feel. There isn't a way not to hurt his feelings. Just say "You know I care, it's just not going to happen and I'm sorry about that"
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You are going to have to set boundaries and just tell him how you feel. Be very honest. " I care about you and value your friendship but I just don't think of you as anything other than a brother." If he keeps up his behavior you may have to stop being friends with him for a while.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Lay down the law and tell him to back off. If he is that close of a friend he will respect you and do as you wish. Don't let someone walk all over you, even if they are your best friends.
    nursegirl1115

Answer by nursegirl1115 at 1:25 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Boy? You do realize that this site is "cafemom" and if you are a MOM then you ARE a woman ( whether you like it or not) and shouldn't be messing with "boys"...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 30, 2009

• oh come on, that's rediculous anon 1:26. Yea it's "cafemom" but there's a whole lot of teenage girls (and yea I used that word on purpose) who are Moms... and at that age, they do still use the term "boy". After all it is... "boy"friend isn't it? and a lot of the women here say his new "girl"friend etc...
    You must be so lonely and bored to need to come thru and pick apart word for word the posts and then offer absolutely no advice whatsoever while you're doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I AGREE WITH ANON AT 9:12
    COME ON EVERYBODY USES THAT WORD
    BOY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 30, 2009