Vaginal delivery nightmare-anyone else?

I had the worst delivery ever. I had to have an emergency D&C after birth because he tore my cervix and I hemmoraged. Then two weeks later I hemmoraged at home due to an infection. Then at 5 weeks I got another infection. At my 6 week checkup, they did an ultra sound b/c the infection did not clear and then did another emergency D&C because I had placenta still in my uterus! Has anyone had anything like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a friend who tore and they head to stitch everything back up! it's been a year and she STILL can't have sex! I personally had a c-section (emergency due to a stubburn butt first baby) but I've heard SO many horror stories of women delivering and so much going wrong! From forceps to vaccums to getting the baby completely stuck and having to do a c-section anyways.
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience and hope things get better for you!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I haven't had the ongoing complications as you did, but I was induced right at 40 weeks with my daughter due to very high blood pressure. I had a horrible labor and deliver, was not allowed to get out of bed or barely move, and my daughter was born not breathing and they whisked her away before I even got a look at her.

It was hours later that I got to see her, and she was almost imemdiately life-flighted to Duke (about 4 hours away from me). I had to stay overnight at the hosital I was at, without her, and then she spent 2 weeks in intensive care.

I have such horrible memories of my birth and I hate what happened so much because i know it could have been better if I was not induced.

She is 2 now, and as healthy and perfect as can be.

I am 7 weeks pregnant with #2 and I am looking forward for that redemption.

I'm sorry you had a horrible experience, but do remember that you have a beautiful baby to show for it.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:17 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sounds like a horrible hospital birth more than a horrible vaginal birth. It sounds like they coached you to push before your body was even ready, now as a result you are the one left still dealing with it. Not every woman is "fully dilated" at 10cm. It also sounds like they insisted on pulling the cord and manually detaching the placenta. When that happens you can have pieces of placenta left behind (placental accreta) and then you are in for a world of infection.

I am SO sorry you had to pay the price for an impatient doctor/staff. I hope your healing goes well from here. You shouldn't have had to go through all of this. I hope you consider a home birth, or at least a home birth midwife next time. I'm sure if you just interview one you will see why so many women flock to them. The care is priceless, and it's nice to spend time with someone who understands normal birth instead of thinking of how to augment it. Good luck!
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:20 PM on May. 30, 2009