does preclampisa and high blood pressure always come back?

i had preclampisa and hb towards the end of my last preg. i had it so bad within a few days of gettin it my son was born 3 weeks early. what are my chances of gettin it again with this pregnacy? i am currently 51/2 months. thanks

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 11:01 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Changes are good that you will get it again. I did with all of mine. The bad thing about mine was it all seemed ot start ealier then the last time.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yes you will get it again I got it with both of mine and was told it gets worse with every pregnacy..my first was born 3 weeks early and my 2nd 5 1/2 weeks early..but good luck
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 11:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• VISIT www.blueribbonbaby.org!!! There is a TON of information that can help you!

I had pre-eclampsia at the end of my last pregnancy and ended up being induced. It was an AWFUL experience and I didn't want that this time so I did some research and asked around. My birthing class instructor suggested the Brewer's Pregnancy Diet (see website above) and I've been following that.

I'm currently 35 weeks and my blood pressure is GREAT!! By this time last time it was high already. 3 weeks later I was induced because of it.

Also exercise and eating a banna (or other high potassium food) a day is supposed to help as well.
    Anonymous

• I had it bad with my 1st, but I am 35 weeks with baby #4 now and have never had a problem with it since. But do be on the lookout for warning signs though. If you have a family history of high bp then it is more likely you will have it repeatedly and also greater chances you will have trouble with hbp later in life also. Talk to you dr about it too he may be able to ease your mind a bit.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Having it with one pregnancy is NOT a guarentee you will get it again!!!!

Are your chances increased of developing it again? Absolutely BUT it's NOT a guarentee and there are things you can do to reduce your chances of getting it and/or reduce the severity of it.
    Anonymous

• NO, it doesn't mean you automatically will have high BP the second time around that's silly. Check out the link OP provided, you can do MANY things to keep your BP lower. Good luck.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I had it with my son 10 yrs ago really bad....he was born 3 weeks early. But he was born fine, no problems and I had none either. Healthy 7lbs 4.4 oz too. My OB said I would get it again with my daughter who is now 2 yrs. But I never got it with her...had perfect blood preasure with her. No swelling of feet like I had with my son. I swelled up BAD with him during the 8-9 month. My daughter we were going to induce labor and she came 2 days before we were going to induce all on her own. So, it just depends on the pregnancy and the mom I guess. Everybody is different and no 2 pregnancies are alike.
    sbrast35

Answer by sbrast35 at 11:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I had it really bad with my 1st. I was induced at 34.5 wks and it didn't go away when I delivered (like it is supposed to) I had it with my second too but not as bad. I made it to 37 wks before being induced. Since I had it twice I was advised not to get pg again because chance are I would get it again. Everybody is different. My mom had a history of pre-eclampsia as well. I don't know if that is a contributing factor or not. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:41 PM on May. 29, 2009