Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a woman catch "jock itch" from her husband?

If so, what type of symptoms would there be? Would they be the same as in a male?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • jock itch is a yeast infection. it can be passed back and forth, yes

    Answer by llansky at 11:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • Jock itch is a yeast infection so yes, you can get it and pass it back to him as well. Symptoms would be the same as a yeast.


    Answer by dreyamom at 11:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • Yes it can. Jock itch is like a yeast infection. Check with a doc or pharmacist for what you can use.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 AM on May. 30, 2009

  • It IS yeast, but it most likely would not cause a VAGINAL yeast infection. Yeast can grow on the outside of your privates as well, and any damp, moist area can get yeast---like under large breasts, or in the creases and folds of your skin. Heavier women are prone to skin yeast. So unless you see a white discharge from your vagina, don't treat it as a vaginal yeast infection. You can use the monistat cream on the outer areas though to relieve the itching and kill the fungus. Your husband can use it too---but generic clotrimazole cream, found in the athletes foot section of the pharmacy will work for both of you and is not expensive.


    Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.