Teeth clenching.

Does anyone else do this? I took my xanex about two hours ago and I'm not supposed to take it very often because I'm prego. But for some reason tonight I can't just chill out. Anyone else have the habit of clenching their jaw and teeth, and how do you calm yourself down enough to stop doing it?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 11:10 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For a while I used a mouth guard... a special one for clenching and grinding. I think they make ones OTC now...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• smoke weed. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! um I don't know never heard that happen be4...just search it on Google there should be some stuff about it. Good luck
    Anonymous

• i have a problem clenching my teeth its horrible and i only do it when im really stressed..i would say get a mouth gaurd cuz if you keep doin it you could crack your teeth id definitely get a mouth gaurd or even talk to your doctor.also i heard people that have had braces do that alot..clench there teeth and grind them....did you ever have braces? id def. ask some questions
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yep...but I didn't even kno I was doing it, cuz I only did it in my sleep. Had 2 wear a guard 2 keep from further damaging my teeth & waking my roomies! & yes, they sell them otc now.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ater my dad died and a lot of crap happened to me that summer I developed this horrible habit of grinding, clenching, clicking my teeth. It wasn't until my brother noticed it and embarrassed the crap out of me that I made a conscious effort to stop. I guess it was just my knee jerk reaction to deal with the trauma and stress.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I caught myself doing it today. I need to go get one of those mouthguards, but I've been putting it off for over half a year. I have a dental appointment in June; I know the dentist is going to ask me if I got it and use it. So I better go get one soon.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:29 AM on May. 30, 2009