• In the Spotlight:

When I tell my 14 month to stop doing something, he tells me to stop. He minds his great grandmother. That makes me uncomfy.

Should I be worried?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 11:28 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't be. I've found that my children mind everyone better than me LOL.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Its each mothers own opinion i think. My duaghter listened to my friend better than me (and same with her daughter) which I was ok with until she brought it home and would sit and smile when she did something she knew was wrong. I'd tell her over and over to stop and eventually gave her diaper a pat and now she listens very well! I tell her no when all her friends run into the street and she stops right away and watches. I figure as long as he's good at home you have nothing to worry about but once he does then it's time to take action. My thoughts anyways!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My daughter listens to everyone better than me. She thinks i am funny.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Alot of it could be tone of voice. My daughter reacts better to daddy and grandpa, infact if they are a little too stern, she just busts out crying....she laughs at me most of the time, or does this cute blinking thing with her eyes at me. LOL
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:37 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My daughter doesn't listen too well to me.If her Grandpa tells her NO she cries...She doesn't take me seriously very often,but all around shes a great kid ..
    leaann24

Answer by leaann24 at 2:36 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I wouldnt be worried but you could reword the way you say things. Rather then saying "no dont touch that" you could say "why dont we play w/ our toys instead" or "why dont we keep the food on the tray" or "why dont we color on the paper on the table". I read somewhere that by saying like "no dont color on the wall" by saying "color on the wall" you are actually suggesting that to them so if you reword it they will do what it is u said. This is how I do it w/ my 17 mo. & most of the time it works great but sometimes she has a moment when she decides to disobey anyway. Dont worry about her listening to her gram & not to you. My DD eats certain foods w/ her gram but when I give her the same food she refuses to eat it drives me nuts! I just had to learn to except this.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:46 PM on May. 30, 2009