Have you ever used Instead cups?

I bought some for the first time today and have yet to use one. Anyway, they look HUGE!!!!!!! How do those possibly fit over your cervix? Have you used them? Did you think the same thing?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 11:59 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No sex with the Diva (which I use and LOOOOVVVEEE) because it works differently than the instead. The instead cups don't just fit over your cervix, but you sort of insert them so they face up, and hook the back of your cervix while the rest of the cup thing just sits at the upper part of your vagina. While the Diva and other menstrual cups sit in your vaginal canal.

http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/tag/instead

This is the BEST community ever when it comes to discussions about menstrual cups. I've linked you to the instead tag, so that shows all the posts people have put up questions about Insteads. Browse around there for a bit and I think you can come up with any answer about them you could imagine.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 12:30 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I found them to be nasty and gross! If you are interested in something similar that actually works, look into the DIVA cup. I love mine!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I'm in the dark here....
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Nathskitten do you have sex with the DIVA cup? I got the Instead cup because it said I can have sex with it in
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't know. I never have, but I don't know if others do. I am sure if you google it, you will find the answer.
    My dh and I just have sex in the shower if I am on my cycle.
    I should say that I got my Diva cup and then found out I was pregnant after only having it for a few months. Then after having the baby I got an IUD, so I no longer have a normal cycle. I only have a couple days with a light pink discharge, not even enough for a pad.
    But when I was using it I loved it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:13 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I just looked it up and it said that it is not to be used during sex.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 AM on May. 30, 2009

• So, my first gut instinct is to say: instead of what. However that just makes me laugh. So, no, I haven't. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:21 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I am so lost here. Is this a contraceptive or a menstraul thing?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Gigi1969, menstrual. Alternatives to pads and tampons.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 1:15 AM on May. 30, 2009

• wow i had no idea there was such a thing
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:17 AM on May. 30, 2009