Don't you hate when someone just knows the answer to everything?

I mean giving advice is ok, but when you know everything and you can't stand to be corrected. I have an aunt that gets on my last nerve. Seems like no one else in this world can be right but her. It's actually kind of funny because she always wonders why she is so miserable. But no one on this earth is perfect. Do you know someone or have someone in your life like that? How do you deal with them?

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 12:07 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mother is like that. I love her dearly but I would love to kick the hell out of her at the same time. She always has to have the last word or she gets pist. I have learned to ignore her or just give her the evil eye.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:09 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My mom always knows best, but what gets on my nerves is when I am trying to tell her a problem I had during the day and before I can tell her how I solved it she is already saying "Why didn't you....." and I'm like, wait mom, let me finish"! Oh and the other thing is, eg. me: OMG the dog peed this morning in the hall........ mom: "well mop it up, you can't have the pee just sitting there or Alex is going to step on it and track it all over your house" me:"Mom! Let me finish! He also peed in the livingroom and I mopped the floor already"! I love her but dang!!!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:21 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My dh is like that. When he's right about something he'll go "Haven't you learned yet that I'm always right" or if I have a problem figuring something out and then I do figure it out, I'll go to him all excited because I figured it out and he goes "Wouldn't it have been easier if you did this" and of course he's right. Ugh it's just so frustrating! On the other hand my kids have his quick brain so at least it is doing some good.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:34 AM on May. 30, 2009

• oh you mean one of those who thinks they have all the answers. i know a couple like that and thank God they dont live close enough to come over. i just change the subject or tel them that the kids need something then hang up if it gets to annoying.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:40 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My cousins husband. I hate being around him. If you do something he's done it 3 times better. If you buy something he has the best one money can buy. This past winter my son had the flu and when I was talking about it with my cousin he said "there's no way he had it worse than I did". I swear every time I look at him I just want to smack him!
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My dh's grandma. I just ignore her. She irks me so bad... I can never do anything right in her opinion. So...I ignore her. And avoid her. lol. It's the only thing that works.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 3:58 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, I have a relative like that. And she allows no room for anyone but herself being right. She is right and that's that and don't bother arguing because she gets louder and belligerent. It's too bad, because otherwise I like her, but if she has an opinion on something, and if she doesn't it's because "it isn't worth thinking about" :-/ then I've learned just to back off. There's no changing her mind or even discussing.

Answer by Bmat at 10:17 AM on May. 30, 2009