Extreme back pain during pregnancy anyone?

I hurt my back before I became preggo. I'm on my second pregnancy now and I can't even roll over in bed without tears, and I have a high pain tolerance. It has started making my pelvis hurt more than anything right now. I feel like my groin area is bruised yet I haven't done anything to make it bruised. When I lay down, my whole groin area will have sharp pains shoot through it. I don't know if the pressure has shifted there since I try to take the pressure off my back so much or what. It hurts more when I lay down. But my back still hurts sooooo much. It's in my extreme lower back, like down in my mid to upper buttocks. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same symptoms and if so, did you find a way to relieve the pain.

DixiesMama

Asked by DixiesMama at 12:15 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you tried laying on your side with a pillow or 2 between your legs to take some of the strain off of your pelvis?? that helped me when I was pregnant.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:25 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i had the same sensation during my last four pregnancies.I had a pinched siatic nerve in my lower back.At times it would double me over.Try getting one of those big bouncy balls for kids and kneel in front of it.then rest your upper body on it. It tends to take the pressure off your back.Or sit on the ball and lean forward against a chair.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 1:00 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I had the same symptoms when I was pregnant with my fourth child, and my doctor told me that I was having so much pain because I was having a big baby. I just would lay down with a body pillow between my lays and underneath my belly. And I would have my hunny bunny rub my back and belly.
    Mimiismymommy

Answer by Mimiismymommy at 4:59 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I cant say that Ive had that kind of pain before, and I have scoliosis so I was expecting a lot of pain throughout my pregnancy but have you tried a heating pad. I was told by one of my friends who is studying to be an RN and who's mother is an RN that I should NOT use a heating pad. If I did only on low heat. But after doing research I found that its ok to use one!
    glowbs2010

Answer by glowbs2010 at 6:12 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I had the same exact pain. It is from the hormones in your body loosening your joints. Try to sleep on your left side with pillows between your knees and sleep on your left side. Someone mentioned a big ball, try a large yoga ball and sit with your legs apart kind of wide and slowly rock forward and back. Make sure to hold on to something for stability. I did this and it helped a little. Hang in there. Also make sure to talk to your OB so that she is aware. Also, please do NOT use a heating pad. It can become too hot in the uterus which is very dangerous for the baby. The poster above mentioned this. Her mother is exactly right. Do NOT use one. I actually know of a woman who lost her baby from this. You can also look for a message therapist that specializes in pregnancy message.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:41 AM on May. 30, 2009