a question about the sabbath day and what should be done to defend my daughter

I live in an area where a bunch of people practice the sabbath on saturday.
and these people will bash my daughter to end on her facebook and myspace because she was raised to keep the sabbath holy on sunday and she battles with these people. Telling them the majority go to church on sunday and to leave her alone. she gets so upset that she will log off.
It makes me mad because adults are harassing a teen! and makes me want to confront them and tell them to back off. Is it okay to defend my daughter on fb and myspace? it is a rural area where towns are 15 miles apart and each town is diverse.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:23 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• put her profile's on private and she can delete them from her friends. if she doesn't want it private, she can still delete them from her friends list, and put her comments and messages on private, so that only her " friends" on her friends list can message and comment her. i know you can do this on myspace, that's how i have it. although, i'm not sure about facebook, i don't have a profile on that. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:26 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Go to the authorities. Harrassing a child on the internet is definitely wrong and has had much more exposure since the girl that committed suicide.

I would definitely take the high road and not get involved in internet harrassment. Report it instead.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:28 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I can give you 1000 reasons why your daughter should not be on FB or MySpace or anything else like that, but none of them have to do with your specific issue. That would be reason 10001. In fact the only "good" reason for any teenager to be on there is "but moooooom, everyone else does it!" Seriously.

Rather than defend her and stoop to their level, I'd suggest killing all her pages. You can report people for harassing her, but the site can only do so much. If you absolutely insist on letting her have the page, make it private, only visible to friends only, and have her block every person that harasses her (and if she actually has them friended, unfriend them). If you don't know how to do these things for her, then I STRONGLY suggest option one, which is delete them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:29 AM on May. 30, 2009

• she did unfriend a few on facebook...but then THEIR friends who are also friends...began harassing her.....just what religion is going to church on saturdays?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:31 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Judaism, Seventh Day Adventist, and Seventh Day Baptist keep Saturday sabbath.
    taylor-made

Answer by taylor-made at 12:36 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I am a saturday believing christian. But you and your daughter have EVERYRIGHT to worship on Sunday. I would have her put her sites on private, these people are obviously not practicing God's love thy neighbor attitude. So here's a scripture you can quote, I found this the other day and it made me so happy. I wish everyone could be like this. God Bless you and yours I will pray that this harrassment ends. I will post the scripture after this post.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:43 AM on May. 30, 2009

• 1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
    rhanford

• 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:44 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Romans 14
    rhanford

• I love this! Thank you for this...you are a blessing for, coming to me... with this!
    I Think everyone should be told of this passage.
    A true christian is one who loves all and has no judgements...that's they way i have raised my girls and now have a little one to work on.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:54 AM on May. 30, 2009