how is it that these ppl who cant keep jobs cause they dont want to work and those who abuse their kids get all kinds of government help?

there should be a limit on how many chance ppl get. i dont think its right for those of us busting our butts are having to support these idiots. now im NOT saying everyone on government programs are lazy...i know there are some who NEED it like the ones doing everything they can to support their family but cant quite make it. but those who work 2 weeks then quit cause they rather whore around or party and those who neglect and abuse their kids....why should we support these ppl?

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 12:59 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I agree. I'm get aid from the state and when I tried to get cash assistance for the month I was on bed rest (I worked 6 days a week the other 11 months out of the year) I was told "that's really for people that have no job". Okay let me quit my job and stay at home watching soap operas and smoking cigarrettes all day so I can support my family! Messed up!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:25 AM on May. 30, 2009

• we shouldn't have to && that has always bothered me, but what can we do about it??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:19 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i agree with you COMPLETELY!!!! I wish there was a way to stop it and make them get off their lazy @$$ and give the kids a better home! There are so many families out there that would LOVE to adopt...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I can agree with you here, and I'm on government assistance... I think the way to fix it is to have home visits and mabey even random drug tests.. that would root out the people on programs that don't really NEED to be.

Myself, I can't work outside my home because of health reasons (seizures being the main one)... and they knocked my husband down to two days of work per week... with three kids, I had to have help... not to mention my doctor's visits and medication cost alot and I can't manage it..
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:13 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree! This is something that aggravates me to no end! For instance I have two sister in laws. One worked everyday, but then she was laid off while she was very pregnant. She applied to tons of jobs, went on many interviews, but no one would hire her. She finally went to get temporary assistance and medicaid (she also has an 11 year old), and thankfully she got it. However, her baby is 3 months old now and she's been applying to jobs and going on interviews since Kaylee was 6 weeks old. Still no luck and she wants to be able to support herself again (and I can't blame her for that). However, they keep cutting her assistance that she gets, and she is down to barely anything. My other sister in law on the other hand, gets temporary assistance, food stamps and medicaid. She doesn't work, chooses not to work, and doesn't even attempt to look for a job. It frustrates me!
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:41 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Temp assistance is a joke...you seriously have to be unemployed or working in fast food to get it. I went twice to try to get it & try to get daycare assistance. After my kids dad & I broke up and he wasn't paying child support. That was when I made $300/week @ my job..daycares in the area wanted $400/week to watch my kids.....they still wouldn't give me daycare assistance 'cause they said I made too much money!!! WTH???? How does that make any sense the daycare's want more money then what I make!!! So basically, let me quit my job & stay home then they give you free handouts. The govt sys is really Fucked up if you ask me.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 1:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree completely.. which is why we should emphasize the laws we have about someone being on assistance.

example.. in many states, your not suppose to do drugs while on assistance programs.. but we all know that a large majority of the time.. these people are never tested...

if you started with upholding that part of the program.. about half of those on assistance would be booted off.. save us billions... not fair that we have to be drug tested to work to pay for them.. when they don't have to be drug tested to receive what we work hard for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:22 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think people taking advantage of the system is horrible but you have to realize those same people often have several children and their parents being irresponsible shouldn't take food from their mouths and unfortunately our CPS and Foster Care systems happen to be a joke too. Sometimes the kids really are better off with abusive parents than in foster care with even more abusive parents. If we all take a few minutes of our day to write our congress members maybe we could change things for these children...
    Anonymous