What to do when your husband uses your kids to hurt you?

My Husband and I have typical marital problems.
My number # 1 concern is when he wants to really hurt me he starts threatening to take the kids or he won't let me leave with the kids and he starts accusing me of being an unstable mother. The sad thing is my husband barely has the time to spend with the kids...He runs his own company! So it's obvious he's just trying to hurt me. Because of this, I just don't love him anymore. I wish he would just find someone else and leave me alone. I have no desire to work this out anymore. The hard part is the kids really love him, they don't know any better, he's their father.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• So take them and leave. 9 time out of 10 the mother gets custody of the kids. Unless there are specific reasons why the mother should be taking care of the kids.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:14 AM on May. 30, 2009

• and use the fact that he works all the time against him!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:15 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I concur.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:17 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I Live in IL...it's a joint custody state...so now what???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My husband would never do this. However, my husband's ex does this all the time, keeping the kids away to get back at him for moving on with his life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It's a hard place to be in... do you work outside the home? Were you married when he started the business? If so, tell him you'll fight him and get the kids and half of his business and he might start rethinking things if his business makes a lot of money.
    Most men do that to hold the wife, to hold her down emotionally. And I can understand how the threat gets old and it gets to where you see that you're married to an emotional monster. That's caused emotional abuse I think, and maybe blackmail.
    Go talk to a lawyer, and for the record... if he's working all of those hours, chances are he wouldn't show up for a lot of his visitation anyways or if he did they'd be with his family or babysitter. Talk to a lawyer without him knowing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:41 AM on May. 30, 2009