When I went to the ER on 4/27 and had a an ultrasound they estimated me as 5 weeks, when did I conceive?

caleb31

Asked by caleb31 at 1:13 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why's it matter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 30, 2009

• About 3 1/2 weeks before the U/S. Whenever that was.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:19 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I am trying to be nice and helpful and answer your questions but you keep asking them:( Why dont you just edit your questions and change the title to include "edt" so that there arent so many from you? I try to be helpful but there are soooo many from you, multiple a day!! You said your period was on 4/9 and assuming you were on a 28 day cycle, you would have ovulated around 4/23. But I am confused, I thought you went to the doc in May, now you are saying it was in April! This is all way too confusing for me
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• If you go to babygaga.com you can find out the date!
    glowbs2010

Answer by glowbs2010 at 6:05 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It is hard to be exact from an ultrasound because it is a guess made on the size of the fetus. If the ultrasound said that you are pregnant, then you need to find an OB/GYN soon and get under their care. A blood test is one of the only exact ways to tell how old your fetus is because it measures the level of hormone in your blood. To answer your question, generally an ultrasound gives you a two week window of possible conception. It uses the circumference of the head, the length of the spine, the number of heart beats a minute and the size of the umbilical to estimate the age.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:16 AM on May. 30, 2009