How can I get rid of silverfish bugs?

I saw one in my bathroom and totally freaked out. I hate bugs. I googled it and it says you have to use bug traps and all kinds of stuff. Then you have to find their eggs and kill them. I don't even know if it is my responsibility to get rid of them, I live in an apartment. The lease says we are to deal with extermination of pests, but it's not my fault they are here. The stupid bugs showed up out of the cracked caulking around the tub. How can I get them gone with out spending a load of money.

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 1:16 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Hmmm, Usually silverfish are in love with cardboard. They don't bug me too much lol. But I am not freaked out by bugs. Get rid of cardboard boxes and by the plastic storage bins.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Silverfish don't like the smell fo cloves. If you have some in the kitchen grind them up and sprinkle it around. silverfish are always around water.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• oh yeah. they are said to hate cinnamon too.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• They are really ugly things. I didn't know the tricks with spices. Thanks!!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• they scare the crap out of me and since it started getting warm i have seen them a couple of times this week also ewww
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 9:41 PM on May. 30, 2009