how long after i have the baby will i get to sleep on my belly again...

tay85

Asked by tay85 at 1:27 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Til your boobs dont hurt or leak anymore! You can sleep on your stomach seconds after birth if you feel like it but when your milk comes in, you wont be able to. It will be too painful and you will be squirting milk out all night. I never thought about that with my first and I was SOOOO excited to leave the hospital and take a nap in my bed on my stomach but then my milk came in making that impossible
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:34 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Well, I had a CSection so it took a while longer for me to be able to lay on my stomach....maybe a month or so to really feel comfortable laying that way.....but with a natural birth, I would guess it wouldn't be too long at all! And it is such a wonderful feeling!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I did it soon after like a couple days but like the person above me mentioned my boobs started to get milk and well it hurt like heck sleeping on them than. I would have to pump before I went to sleep.
    Anonymous

• i slept on my tummy the nite i came home from the hospital. i was nursing to and got milk all over but i didnt care. it was nice sleeping on my tummy again
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 2:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Probably for about 2 wks or so, because your boobs will hurt REALLY bad from being engorged when you wake up. I woke up in a pool of breastmilk every morning (I leaked really bad). If you have a C-section, it will probably be longer before you can sleep on your stomach comfortably.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:33 AM on May. 30, 2009