what are foods my son cant eat at 8 months

solid foods

Asked by ericksmommy07 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It really depends on the child if you mean which ones can he physically not eat. For instance, at 12 months old you could hand my son a huge chicken strip and he would devour it. Other 12 month olds are still on stage 3 baby foods. The difference was that my son had ALL of his teeth by the time he was 11 months old, and he could just handle things better. It's different for every child.

Your best bet is to just experiment and be sure that you stick with the rule of "one at at time". Don't give strawberries with bananas, just give one or the other. Just so that you can watch out for any possible allergies.

The only things I can think of that your son shouldn't physically have at his age are tree nuts, cows milk, honey and other things not recommended under 1 year of age.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Have you tried peas or mashed potatos? baby yogurt, fruit puffs by Gerber are good too.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• no honey
    no nuts (especially peanuts)

Answer by kimmie10575 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2008