Any tips for weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I am 20 years old and Had my daughter last July. Before her I was 150. Now I am 198. It is mostly my stomach. Although I am getting comfortable with this new found weight gain. I really would like to be atleast 165-170. I have a gym in my apartment complex and try to go every other day and do a mile on the tread mill. But it doesn't seem to be coming off. I've been told that six small healthy meals (3 small meals and 3 snacks) is a sure way along with exercise to help me lose weight. Does anyone have any success with there weight loss and can you all give me any tips. I'm looking for a natural way...cause i can't afford surgery nor to keep up with diet pills or there gross side effects lol. My hubby told me crunches would help but i seen something on tv saying that actually can stretch the muscle in your stomach more and i really need to tighten and tone

SCrockett

Asked by SCrockett at 2:08 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• well when I was working out I would do the treadmill and increase the incline once a week...but I also did aerobics...I lost 8lbs until I started with some stupid heart problems...but I still lost 8 lbs and am keeping it off with the same diet. What I eat is protein mixed with fruit in the morning like eggs and orange or banana or some other fruit. I make sure to eat whole grain snacks or whole grain cereal and milk for a very small snack...2 yogurts a day because i dont drink milk except the milk that get's soaked in my cereal. you need to make sure you get calcium...if you dont like milk there are fruits out there....I drink a smoothie a day that is about 16 oz I make with my juicer and magic bullet. Lunch something whole grain like bread or pasta with meat and salad or lettuce. Eat at least an apple or pear a day they have lots of fiber. dinner something else whole grain with protein and small ammount of starch and veggies.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 2:53 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It is great that you are exercising. Now you need to change the way you eat. When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.htm

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 AM on May. 30, 2009

• go low carb
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It is very unlikely that 40+ lbs are just in your stomach. It may seem like it though. I wouldn't do low carb. I did and was really weak. I couldn't do it for long.
    Carbs are healthy for you. Stay away from white flours, pastas, crackers, etc. Everything you eat should be whole grain at a reasonable portion (so 4 whole wheat rolls are out of the question).

Crunches, or any other type of abdominal workout will NOT work if you have fat over the muscles you are building. If anything, it will make you bulkier. You need to do some cardio, atleast 30-40 mins HIGH intensity (meaning you should be breaking a sweat) 3-4 times a week. After you have a good cardio routine down and you start shedding, then it will be time to incorporate weight training and, if you wish, crunches or another abdominal workout.

Water helps you shed faster. No calories, sodium, salt, sugar, cholesterol or fat. Sip on it all day long. (cont)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• It also keeps you from retaining water, so you should be peeing alot more often.

If you snack (which is okay), make sure its a fresh fruit or veggie. They are low in calories AND...good for you. They also are high in fiber which keeps you fuller longer and keep your shitter regular!

I am supposed to be at a bday party in 10 minutes so I gotta go lol. Anymore ?s just message me! Goodluck.

Also I was 159 in Jan and now I'm 119 so this stuff works, it just takes time.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I lost 28lbs since jan. drink lotsa water, walk at least 30mins. per session, 6 small meals is great.
    thats how i did it.
    Supermamato4

Answer by Supermamato4 at 9:22 AM on May. 31, 2009