For those of you with toddlers that drink juice, how many ounces a day do you give them and how old are they? ...please no lectures that my LO doesn't need juice :)

My older two kids never cared for juice but my youngest loves it. I give him approximately 8 oz a day, sometimes diluted sometimes not. He is 19 months old.

leftcoastgirl

Asked by leftcoastgirl at 2:15 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have the hamilton beach wide mouth juicer that works just as good if not better then the expensive ones...I got it at walmart for $69. The more expensive ones start at $100 - 200. I love it and use it every other day just because it keeps the juice more fresh...if you wait a few days it starts to get more bitter...I know by experience...I mix carrot and cucomber together and then add the sweet stuff like apple, pineapple, pear, mango, papaya, sometimes but the majority of the time I just juice the carrots and cucomber and apple, pineapple and pear in the juicer...the rest like papaya, mango, peach I can add straight to the majic bullet and add kale or spinach and mix around...the mango makes it creamier and easier to go down with the spinach etc. like I said before it is the ONLY way I can get my son to get in veggies...well I add some stuff in spaghetti too but thats about it.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 1:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My daughter is 17 months and gets 8-16 oz a day, diluted with just over half water.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Of course your toddler doesn't need juice, but you don't need chocolate either (haha, yeah right!).

22 month old Isis gets juice when she asks for it after she's had some water. I usually fill her 12 oz suppy 1/2 full with equal parts water and juice.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• WIC and ECE health classes recomnd no more then 4 to 6 oz a day.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My son loves juice he will hardly drink anything else, he is constantly dinking it and his pediatrician said it was fine, whih he doesnt even get a 1/2 cup of jui and terest is water because it gives him diarehhea so it could be different with him.
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 2:29 AM on May. 30, 2009

• my son is 22 mos. he doesn't drink juice daily, but when he does it's like 2 or 3 sippy cups, sometimes diluted sometimes not, Idk how many oz that is though. but he does get tea daily && it's 1-2 cups, again sometimes diluted sometimes not && 1-2 cups of water a day.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:30 AM on May. 30, 2009

• my daughter loves her juice... i'm trying to get her to drink more water. I ALWAYS dilute her juice with at least half water... she's 18 months old (almost 19! aww she's growing! :*( ) I've been trying to get her to drink milk and LOL the best way is giving her a donut and a glass of milk! Sometimes cereal works but I ALWAYS have to drink it with her and i'm Lactose and tolerant so it's been going pretty horribly!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:33 AM on May. 30, 2009

• my just turned 1 year old driks about 8-12 oz a day. and my 2 yr old drinks maybe 3 cups a day. not diluted ( have u ppl taste diluted juice its horrible i say if i cont like it why give it to my kids they are kids and need some sugar in there life to runaround and be bad.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 2:36 AM on May. 30, 2009

• well I don't use store bought juice but I do make my own juice or smoothies and add his vitamins to it but he will down about 8oz of that a day...and pretty much within 2 minutes he can drink it all.
    BUT that is also the only way I can get him to eat all his fruits and veggies durring the day. I am sure 8oz of regular juice is a lot because it has more sugar. I wouldn't give more then 4oz a day. also try doing less juice and more water. or what I do sometimes is get concentrated fruits that don't have extra sugar in them and those last me a month because they are so concentrated that you only need like 2 tablespoons and the rest water...I usually add a tiny bit of sugar to that because it is so bitter. they are only about $2 and it goes a long way.
    Sometimes when we go out to eat I will use half a box of juice and half water...so that's probably about 2 - 3oz of that juice.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 2:39 AM on May. 30, 2009

• stummegirl. ...thank you! lol
    i was starting to feel like i was the only one that pays very close attention to my childs health foods. Now i dont feel so alone.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:47 AM on May. 30, 2009