• In the Spotlight:

dream? or not?

i know this is going to sound weird for many ppl who has not experienced this.. but i am wondering if anyone has woke up in the middle of there sleep feeling like they are being pulled down in the bed and your body goes numb and you cant try to say anything like yell. this happens to me a few times every month or so. when this is happening to me i want to yell for help but nothing will come out of my mouth! i have heard ppl say the devil is trying to pull me down..and i heard it was just a very vivid dream. i am confused.
also the other week i was sleeping and this happened gain ONLY this time the bed was sorta like being shaken. like someone was picking the bed up from the headbored litterally shaking it up and down. it felt very real and i was able to wake up a little after that scared and shaking not know what was going on.
does anyone else experience this? or can anyone tell me what all this about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I HAVE HAD DREAMS SiMiLAR TO THAT BEFORE. i REALLY DON'T KNOW WEATHER TO TELL YOUiTS SOMETHiNG TO WORRY ABOUT OR JUST SOME WEiRD THiNG THAT HAPPENED TO YOU. BUT MY DREAMS i ALWAYS FELT LiKE i WAS FALLiNG OFF THE BED AND THERE WAS NO FLOOR AND i WOULD YELL FOR HEL AND NOONE WAS AROUND. AND THEN THERE ARE OTHER DREAMS WHERE I TRY HiTTiNG SOMEONE AND iT ALWAYS GOES iN SLOW MOTiON. iTS WEIRD. THEY DO HAVE DREAM BOOKS AT THE BOOK STORES LiKE BOOKS A MiLLiON i USED TO HAVE ONE. THEY ARE HELPFUL YOU YOU CONSiDER GETTiNG ONE THEY ARE ONLY ABOUT 10 DOLLARS. BUT iF YOU DONT WANNA SPEND THE MONEY FOR A ONE TiME THiNG YOU COULD ALWAYS GOOGLE THE MEANING OF DREAMS. AND SPECiFY WHAT YOUR DREAM WAS ABOUT.
    XPECTiNGMOMMY

Answer by XPECTiNGMOMMY at 2:55 AM on May. 30, 2009

• You are being attacked by the enemy. I encourage you to pray before you go to sleep and to anoint your bed with oil ( not a lot ). The enemy truly has no power over you for you are the righteousness of Christ Jesus. All power and authority belongs to Him and has been given to you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Its sleep paralysis. I'll send you a link. http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-paralysis

Its nothing to be afraid of but if it bothers you, see your MD.  Hope this helps

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:06 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Sleep paralysis.... lol i just looked it up, thanks. i came here to say what i found out and i saw your post pnwmom.

im glad thats all it is.

and Shaneagle777, that kind of freaked me out what you said... lol.. im glad i know what it is now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on May. 30, 2009

What she said is exactly the truth. Doctors can call it something else, but I have heard people say the same thing happening to them and if you're bed is shaking, it is the enemy. You need to pray over your house and cast out every evil and demonic spirit in the name of Jesus! It has to be done if you cast them out in Jesus' name! This is something serious and not to be taken lightly!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:14 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I have a different take on this. I don't think it was the "enemy" attacking you. I think it was your spirit returning to your body after a night out and you woke up before it got all the way back. These episodes are your minds way of trying to figure out what is going on. And, don't worry, your spirit can never NOT get back into your body.
    Did you hear anything? Do you sleep alone? If you don't sleep alone, did the person in bed with you wake up from it shaking?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i dont think it has anything to do with the enemy. i sat on here reading about Sleep paralysis for 2 hours just about on every site i can find. and from the things i experienced, are what they are explaining. such as sleeping on the back can bring this on..and i was sleeping on my back. stress...i was stressing. not enough sleep..i take seldom naps durring the day and that can bring it on. so i am going to go ahead and believe these are just Sleep paralysis. i think ppl will say its the enemy to try and scare people. but it does not. as a matter of fact after reading about all this and studying it..it happened again last night, i tried one of there tricks on one site it says when its about to happen, move your fingers and toes, and it will go away, well i did, and it did go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 30, 2009

• That does happen to people & has been interpreted different ways. Some people say it is the part of your brain that keeps you from enacting your dreams being sluggish to switch off. Some say it is a demon, incubus, or the devil sitting on you. Others think it is a spirit interacting with you. I read a theory that it is the attack of a psychic "vampire" stealing your energy. If it becomes a problem you could try a sleep study, but know you aren't crazy & it does happen to other people (whatever the cause).

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:57 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Either sleep paralysis or astral travel. paralysis may be due to the fact that voluntary movements are inhibited during periods of the dream process. All brain signals to the voluntary muscles are stopped. Therefore if we become slightly awake and attempt to move at that time we feel paralyzed. this is not sensed as a problemif we are unconsciously involved in a dream. If enough self awareness arises in the dream state, then awareness of the inability to move may occur, along with the anxiety it arouses. Not enough characters avaliable to go into the whole astral travel theory. Next time just stay calm until you are fully awake. It happens.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2009

• as pwnmom says,, there are medical reasons for this.. it could also relate to stress... if you are feeling extremely stressed, sometimes some people experience something known as a poltergeist.. which is nothing more than a person self projecting themselves subconsciously, to dispel some of their emotional turmoil. In either situation... this is a doctors job to help take care of this problem... they will test you to see what will be best to help you.. a lot of people will say this is a demonic force... the only way it could be deemed demonic.. is from a misunderstood religious stand point.. a shocking number of "demonic" cases are attributed to mental disorders and depression... so check with your doctors.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2009