Should my daughter wear stilettos or chunky heels with her prom dress?

She can't decide and and either way we need to go shopping for a pair of shoes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• depends on what the dress looks like.....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:17 AM on May. 30, 2009

• prom is usually a dressier event then a chunky heel is meant for so go with the high heels! Not too high though ladies lol...you gotta dance in those things!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:48 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I wore 3 inch heals...and almost died on my feet at the Prom. She should wear something comfortable but dressy(If she's anything like most of the girls at my prom she'll kick them off and run around barefoot anyway..). If she's not stable on stillettos, go for a thicker heal, but a nice dressy shoe. GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:40 AM on May. 30, 2009

• really depends on the dress, a thick heel is good but i wouldnt do like a wedge...

i lvoed my stillettos they were sooo great... just remember to have her wear them around the house for a few days to breeak them in!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:35 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I totally agree with Bugsmommy! I think you should get a good high heel and should be a stiletto. You don't need anything super high just something to make you taller and compliment your dress. Lots of times you barely see the shoes but that also depends on the length of the dress. You can also get some really good high heel inserts to make the shoes more comfortable. Just make sure to tell your daughter that whenever you can take them off to rest your feet like when you ride in the car or are sitting down for any length of time. Even a few minutes rest will make the shoes feel better as the night goes on. I hope this helps!
    MichelleJ23

Answer by MichelleJ23 at 10:54 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I think stilletos are more formal...chunky heels go with jeans or capris.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I would say stilletos as well!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:30 PM on May. 30, 2009