are there any wiccan moms on here? i have a few questions and thought i could find some help in here

i have a few questions about raising kids in the wiccan faith. like should i start now or wait til their a little older. i was hopeing to get some advice. thank you.

jessi_683

Asked by jessi_683 at 3:22 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a witch...but not wiccan. I am in a couple of pagan groups...you can go to my page and look them up if you are interested in joining. There is one that just started that is for 'religious tolerance' we have a number of moms of different faiths there. And you know? we haven't had one fight yet! lol
    How old are your kids? My stepboys are 3 &4, we haven't really started teaching them much...except not to pick the flowers in our apt complex cuz it will make the flower fairies mad. Their mom is Christian, but agrees with us that the boys should be taught both and let them choose their own path. But I'm not sure what age to start teaching them either....I don't want them getting confused about things. I imagine I'm going to get bashed for that one too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I am not Wiccan but I am Pagan. IMO,if you start when they are young you can do crafts with them and sing pagan songs with them. Teach them small things like their directionals. The colors for the elements ect... Show them how to conduct themselves durning a ritual so if you attend one for a group your little ones will know what to do. Just start small and make it fun
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:53 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Im not wiccan, but I'm a Pagan Witch. Personally if your SO has no problems with it I would teach them the craft. But as they get older I would suggest exposing them to other paths...

www.PagansPath.com has a great section for children!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• What's the difference between a Pagan Witch and a Wiccan? I thought they were the same thing.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 8:55 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I'm also a Pagan Witch but not Wiccan...if your children are still small, I would teach them the basics.  As they get older and show interest I would teach them more but I would also expose them to other faiths...Good luck, blessed be.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:38 AM on May. 30, 2009

Pagan

Wiccan

Witchcraft

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Witches and Wiccans are Pagan but not all Pagans are Wiccans.

Pagan is an umbrella term with many definitions....one of the most common is earth bound religions, another is it is a term for all non-God of Abraham religions (meaning everything BUT Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths).

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:44 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I call myself a Pagan witch because being Pagan does not mean I practice witchcraft.  I also only describe myself only as Pagan because I pull aspects of my "religion" from different beliefs within the umbrella of Paganism.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack...just wanted to answer her question.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It is never too soon to start sharing your spiritual life with your children. One of the things most Wiccans & Pagans find important, though, is allowing people to find their own path (something you probably already have in mind). That is easiest if you are teaching the basics of as many religions as you can from an early stage, but it is always a good idea to let them know that these are your interpretations & what your own beliefs are concerning each religious/philosophical doctrine. There are some books written for Pagan parents & most are pretty specifically Wiccan. Do a search on Amazon or Barnes & noble.com if you would like to see what is available. You might also be able to get them through your library (even if they don't have the books they might be able to get for you through an interlibrary loan).

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:41 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I am a Wiccan-Witch I use the base core of Wicca as my religion and practice Witchcraft.

I have an 8 yr old gs that I am raising and my dh is Lutheran so he gets a bit of both worlds and the one place that I find very helpful when teaching Wicca - Witchcraft to him is "The Pooka Pages" It is an online magazine just for pagan children ... I believe I have another also and will post that as soon as I find it...if you any other questions plz feel free to pm me anytime...

http://www.pookapages.com/

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:45 AM on May. 30, 2009