Another gay question

Now I believe in gays being treated on an equal par with everyone else, but when a gay teen gets elected prom QUEEN in Los Angeles I think that goes a bit to far. What do you think?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:19 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's fabulous. Who are we to judge?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:24 AM on May. 30, 2009

• To each their own. But my question. Did he win to make a statement? Or did he win because based on the criteria for prom "queen", he was the best candidate? Odds are, because we are dealing with high school students~I am going to go with he won because kids wanted to make a statement. I see next years prom committee in other schools changing the criteria. (Not that I agree with it) But I see Change a-coming....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:30 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Was he transgender? I can see this happening if her prefers to be addressed as a woman....other than that they could have just elected him as prom king still. Whatever, I guess, it's their student body that held the election!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:45 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Well based on the criteria the prom QUEEN is a girl.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:45 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I thought it wasn't PC to call gay dudes "Queen". Times are a changin'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I have seen some 'pretty boys' lately. Heck-look at Zack efron sp??? He's as pretty as they come-he could be a prom queen.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 9:12 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I support gay rights and marriage. However, I feel this young man should have ran for Prom King, since he is a male, being gay shouldn't come into the equation. Thats just my opinion, this is a positive sign of changing times. We should be proud of the young adults in Los Angeles.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:12 AM on May. 30, 2009

• WHY NOT? HE IS MAKING A STATEMENT! YES INDEED GRANDMARGA, POSITIVE SIGN OF CHANGING TIMES.

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on May. 30, 2009

• That is cool.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Why is it going too far? Obviously he was voted queen. If the *majority* of the students weren't comfortable with it, he wouldn't have won the crown.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:02 AM on May. 30, 2009