i normally don't do this but i could really use some encouragement.......

i am a recovering drug addict. i have been clean for over a year. i use to have dreams about using (which if you have never been in this position-is really hard to deal with). last night i had one of those dreams. im feeling pretty crappy this morning and could really use some encouragement or advice. i WILL NEVER use again-i removed myself from the situation and people that are't healthy for me. i quit with no rehab. im doing fine but i didnt like seeing myself use (in my dream). :(
please dont bash me-i do that enough myself. im going anon because i dont want everyone to know me as "the drug addict". thanks for everything,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i applaud you. being able to realize that you have a problem and fixing it, taking charge of your life is great. you should never feel bad about that. Congrats onbeing clean. just remember that you did this for a reason and you have already gone passed the hard part. maybe you should try talkiing about it with someone that might help with the dream thing. Good luck with future and congrats again.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 9:51 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't see any reason at all for anyone to bash you. Whoever you are, I am proud of you for breaking the addiction and I look at you as just that. Not a drug addict but someone who is strong for doing this, especially all on your own. I don't look down on you for being a drug addict in the past, I applaud you for giving it up which is something I know is hard to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Congratulations on being clean for a year AND doing it all by yourself. That alone tells me that you are a strong person and you will conquer these "dreams" on your own. You have the will power and the "want" to never use again. You CAN beat those dreams, you have proven that already. Hang in there and try to find a healthy passion to keep you moving forward. You WILL continue to survive drug free!
    MammaCat22

Answer by MammaCat22 at 9:53 AM on May. 30, 2009

• First off, God bless you for the strides you've made to turn your life around. If anything, you should be commended, not bashed! I for one, admire you greatly for doing the right thing. As for the dream,that's all it was, is just a dream. Of course, I can't understand what you are going through,and would never downplay it,but as you come out of that life, it's probably going to happen,some,since it was a big part of your life for awhile. Just keep on the path you are! I'll be praying for you, that things continue to improve for you. You take care,and just know there are Moms out here who are pulling for you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:10 AM on May. 30, 2009

• You are one strong lady. Good for you! You have risen above what could have destroyed you. As for the dreams, greet them with a huge smile and a laugh of victory! They are showing what might have been, and being dreams, they are showing what is your worst fear. You have been strong enough to stop using, and you are strong enough to shrug at the dreams and ignore them. Best wishes to you. and hugs!

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, you are a strong lady. Please never go back. You will live a much better life. God Bless.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:52 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Wow! You are so strong. My brother is a drug addict, we sent him to rehab last month and he got kicked out...maybe he will make it one day...like you have! Don't give up!
    jedders

Answer by jedders at 11:11 AM on May. 30, 2009