How do you deal with a RUDE husband?

When you have asked him to please have better manners around you and not just becasue you find it rude but also because it is a pain to try and correct the behavior in your children. (He even corrects the behavior)

He continues to be rude with no regard for anyone. It is as if his mother taught him no manners at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• i tell my husband that if he is going to teach our son rude behavior, then he will be the one to break that habit.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Men do not like being told what to do.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It's easier to correct and change it in a child than it is a man. Some dogs are too old to change his tricks... fact is, you married him and I'm guessing he had those habits then. I'm sorry to say it, but you can ask a person to change something, but you can't make them. Atleast he tries to correct the children. I told my kids to correct me when I make the same mistakes I correct them for (like curse words, yelling, losing my temper etc) and it does help curb it a lot.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• To comment on lisa ann p's reply:
    That isn't necessarily so. Some things my husband does now (after 14 years of marriage) he would never have done before we were married.

But I love him anyway. lol
    JESUSchic

Answer by JESUSchic at 10:30 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Lol, Am I married to his brother. Actually, when I met my husband he wasn't just rude , he was an A$$hole, but,he had the best heart in the world. What worked for me is I showed him how to be a good person, how to talk to people, etc. NO, he never learned at home and no one ever showed him. He can still be rude and an A hole sometimes, but, I talk to him, not at him.So,everyone is different.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:36 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Some things he did have before like farting and I didn't care and I still don't. It is the stuff that he recently gained that probably came along with becoming more lazy that bothers me. I don't tell him what to do either. I have asked him for the same curtisies I give him. Asking is not a crime. I don't expect him to change but to be respectful when spending time with me and our child. I do not agree with the do as I say and not as I do parenting mentality. That is why this is such an issue. That is a bad way to raise children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I find that when I don't nag or yell when he does the "offensive behavior" he tends to curtail it. My biggest thing is him cursing in front of the kids or at them...when he can use different words to get his point across. For example, he'll say "Stop doing that or I'll smack your @ss," instead of "I'll spank your bottom/butt". he can be crude and says things that I don't think are appropriate for kids ears. Overall he's a nice guy, and believe me we've had problems which we recently have been working on fixing....but I find that using a sense of humor or giving him a "look" helps much better than yelling at him.

I don't think he was taught any manners growing up. seriously.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:03 AM on May. 30, 2009

• That is how it is for us too Cinder. He has developed these horrible habits since we have our child. He says things that makes my mouth almost drop. I don't yell at him for it either. I once did and our daughter defended him and I realized that I wasn't behaving any better than him so I stopped. Now I ask if we could come to an agreement on how to speak to our child. He does try but when he doesn't feel like it he just doesn't do it. That sucks because you have to be consistent. I know we all make mistakes but it isn't a mistake when you purposely just don't do something because you are lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 30, 2009