• In the Spotlight:

In regards to PA...................

People on cafemom have said, "the way I see it, I've paid into the system for years and years to be able to use it if I needed it"

So what if everyone in the nation were to stop working because they feel they have paid into the system enough and it time for them to use the money?

Do you think this type of thinking is slowly deteriorating this nation? Are people relying too much on the government and not enough on themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• *yawn* this is getting old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Well, I think now that more people are going to need PA because they're loosing their jobs, it isn't going to be around which is a shame. It's not just people on PA that rely on the government for income or support. Teachers, cops, and all government workers are paid for with tax dollars. Then you have the elderly, disabled, WIC, etc is all paid with tax dollars. The pool of taxpayers is getting small so you're seeing cuts or people being laid off which is creating a nasty cycle of less tax dollars being collected so more people are getting laid off and benefits being slashed.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I said that. That is a direct quote from an earlier post of mine. An you are taking what I said waaaaay out of context. I pay for the fee to be able to get medicare for my children. I also don't use cash or foodstamps or anything I don't need.
    I also said I believe PA should be reformed so that it is easier for working people who need it to get.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:03 AM on May. 30, 2009

• People rely on the Government way to much, it is time for people to stand up and take care of themselves.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• IRS brought in less Revenue in 2008 than in years past. Less people working, more people needing assistance, and yes even SOME who are abusing the system. Yet Obama is increasing the size and number of programs of the Federal Government. Doesn't take a economic scholar to see we are spending MORE money that we are generating. Look at the GDP. shrinking.....
    And many liberals in DC want to ad MORE social assistance programs. How much CAN we borrow from China? I think the well is running dry, don't you?
    The problem with PA, imo~once you start the domino.... It doesn't stop.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2009

• there was a post about this before.

A question about a family business running dry and the family should get PA until the business picks up a little. Moms on here thought that the family should fire employees and close the BUSINESS before getting public assistance for their FAMILY. I still do not understand that logic. That is like saying a mom going to school should quit school and work instead of getting public assistance.

People are always going to bang heads about this touchy topic.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:52 AM on May. 30, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/209230/Do_you_think_public_assistance_is_discriminatory
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:54 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I think that PA should be in a time of crisis. a make it or break it time in your life.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:58 AM on May. 30, 2009

• And I agree. Which is why I said I think I should be able to use it WHEN I NEED IT. I think I can understand what the op is saying, it kind of bugs me that I was the one quoted because I don't have the mentality she is talking about. We need the medicaid, we needed it when I was working, we just have to pay for it is all.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:02 AM on May. 30, 2009

• "So what if everyone in the nation were to stop working because they feel they have paid into the system enough and it time for them to use the money?"

I doubt they meant they were just going to QUIT their jobs just to get in PA. Anyone who did is a fool because its almost impossible JUST to live off PA unless A-youre lieing, and B-selling drugs on the side.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2009