How can I get rid of the nausea?

I am currently 10 weeks along and have been on Zofran since week 7 because of morning sickness I could not eat anything. It was working wonders then all of a sudden last week I started getting sick again? I am to the point of being nausea 24/7 again but it is worse at night to the point I can not move. The nausea does not help the fact that I have torn ligaments in my stomach because the baby is growing so fast. Any ideas please help Im going crazy.

frdrdnk

Asked by frdrdnk at 9:56 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• whoa...I was going to say zofran. That's the only thing that works for me. some other moms have said to munch crackers (tried it!) drink peppermint tea (tired it!) try preggie pops (didn't work!) none of those things worked for me, but maybe they will for you?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2009

• They put me on a zofran pump that would pump it into my system 24/7 for a few weeks. It worked well for me.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 10:16 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I've found hard, sweet, sugary candies work, like jolly ranchers and lemon heads. I've been chain sucking on them for a weeks now, one after another and have found that settles my stomach real well. My fiance hypothesizes that I get nauseas because my blood sugar gets low because of the baby using up all the sugar which is why I get nauseous and the candy provides immediate relief.

I mean heck, the first two symptoms of hypoglycemia are nausea and extreme hunger! tell me that isn't a pregnant woman. lol.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:38 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Okay here is what you can do....First of all the Vitimins maybe makin you sick. Stop taken them for a while and switch to Flinstone ones. They are just as good and work just as well.

Next slice up freash lemons and keep them all cut up in a baggie and the smell of them helps also when you give them a sniff and or a taste...

Next - Buy (SEA BANDS) Motion sickness bands - also work for morning sickness.. They worked wonders for me...I believe in them very much....

Ice water always - Not always ginger ale

And remember in 90% of women this all goes away come the 2nd trimester....

best of luck
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:16 PM on May. 30, 2009