Regarding volunteerism?

I was talking with some family the other day about the volunteerism. I am wondering if there is any talk of what type of jobs those will be? Picking up litter on the side of the road is something many cities have petty criminals do for community service. Government jobs should be paid for. If the govt. expects everyone to put forth free hours, where will all of those new jobs Obama was talking about be created?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmmm....maybe all of those "jobs" Obama mentioned are the VOLUNTEER jobs he will be mandating!!! And who is to say picking up litter on the highway, parks, cities, etc., is not "appropriate" for volunteerism according to Obama's plan?! This is the kind of stuff that happens when you choose an inexperienced person to run your country who has an extensive socialist/communist agenda! Guess all we can do for now is...wait and see! ::sigh::
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, go to www.serve.gov People helping people. Whether you are a teen, mom, or senior someone needs your help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Obama's plan for volunteerism and creating new jobs are NOT one in the same!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Maybe not :42, but I have yet to see either happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Anony: 10:26..YES.. it has.... Wow... How much time have you spent on recovery website.... Or is that NOT your source of information? don't tell me, you don't trust or listen to anything the president says..... you believe only what you want to believe..... So why ask?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I believe what I see, and I haven't seen anything. Thanks for playing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Oh, because we KNOW the internet is the most reliable source of information. GMAB.
    Anonymous

• Obama youth force.Let the brainwashing comense.All have to go "green" or the world will emplode ......or rather going "green" makes for alot of $$$$$$$ coming in.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:04 PM on May. 30, 2009