Do you wait on, serve or clean up after your husband? Just wondering !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. I am not a maid.

Thats not to say I have never brought him his dinner plate, or cleared his plate after we were done eating. But for the most part the cleaning around the house is done equally on both sides; I don't think either of us really does more than the other.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I do not serve my man... uhhh no
    If I'm up and he asks me to get him a cup of coffee while I'm up I will... the same as he will for me if he's going to get one himself.
    But yes, I do clean up after him around the house if I want it done (and the right way).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:06 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i clean up after him.. because i know how i want it done, and it would take him forever...

makeslife simpler that way
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:11 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My hubby fends for himself if he is not home in time for dinner. This infuriates my mother in law but she can bite me! I was not born to make sure he eats. the clean up thing though is different...he has gotten a ton better but not long ago he had a hard time picking up after himself. also with deep cleaning...the man has never cleaned a toilet. i have gone MIA on our bathroom just to make a stand. I swear things were growing in there and would bite you if you sat down to go potty. EWEHHHHHHH!!! So in short...the man can find food but he can't clean a toilet. Plus, even if he did clean the toilet he would probably do it wrong! :o)
    corid

Answer by corid at 10:13 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i do. i do it because i want to do it. im also not his maid or his mother. thats the way i was raised. very old fashioned southern family.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:13 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I like SThompson21's answer. I am not his maid, but I do clean up and cook his meals and sometimes I fix his plate and take it to him. I so this because I love him. He works 10 hours a day and I'm usually at home. (I'm a substitute teacher, so when I don't work I'm at home all day.) So I don't mind doing the little "extra" stuff for my man.
    ...Now my kids are beginning to be a different story. They are 10 and almost 13. They are learning to do more "chores" around the house.
    JESUSchic

Answer by JESUSchic at 10:19 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I do. I like and love the man. However on the days that I don't like him (but still love him)... the bare minimum gets done, because that is what I want done.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:24 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, i tend to do that. I cant help it tho. I am the type of person who loves to make other peoples lives easier. Although, my husband sometimes gets annoyed! Cause im like....do you want a sandwich, or this or that....and he says, I can do it myself!!! But i def clean up after him. But hes not a major slob. He does all the outside work tho, and sometimes will help me in the house to. So, kinda works both ways. But i def do more!! LOL
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:31 AM on May. 30, 2009

• rolling on floorNope, not me, been there done that and won't again

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:33 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't wait on him or serve him but I do clean up after him, b/c, like the other ladies said, even when he does do it, it is usually the wrong way, i.e. not my way lol I have been known to make his dinner or lunch plate for him, just because I like to do things like that for him. However, I am careful not to do it so often that he starts expecting it to be done, b/c I am not going to do it EVERYTIME && that way when I do do it, it is more of a surprise && he is appreciative. I also do about 95% of the cleaning, b/c I am not working right now. But when I do go back to work, it will be 50/50 again.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:54 AM on May. 30, 2009