garage sale

i'm having a garage sale next week end and was wondering how i should price stuff. i have tons of baby clothes some with stains and some new with tags, what should i price those at? or like a baby swing, crib with matteress, crib bedding set!? thanks for the help!!!

girlie2

Asked by girlie2 at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am actually having a garage sale today, and i suggest that you go around this weekend if you have time, and browse garage sales with similar items and see what they priced them at.

I myself will be pricing as follows:
    Clothes: 50 cents used, $1 with the tag still on
    Baby swing: $20
    Walker: $15
    Two separate Bouncy chairs: $5 each
    Baby Bath tub: $3

Generally I will price 1/4 of the original price if it is in new/great condition, and surprisingly a lot of my babies things are. If there are obvious stains, I price lower.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:09 AM on May. 30, 2009

• thanks for the help!!!
    girlie2

Answer by girlie2 at 10:14 AM on May. 30, 2009

• " i have tons of baby clothes some with stains and some new with tags, what should i price those at? or like a baby swing, crib with matteress, crib bedding set!? thanks for the help!!!"

those with stains I would put in one area and mark them between 10 cents and 25 cents.. pending on the stains...

those in between I would mark at about 25-50 cents

those with tags between 50-2.00 pending on the article (ex.. onsies.. I would sell for 50 cents.. nice outfits/dresses I would sell for 2.00)

a baby swing would depend on the condition and the style.. if it's a wind up in bad shape: 2.00-4.00... if it's in medium condition and batterie powered: 5.00-8.00.. if it's in excellent condition I would price it about 10.00-15.00..

crib mattress: again depends on the condition.. anywhere from 5.00-10.00 (if it's in really bad shape no more than 2.50.

bedding set: between 5.00-15.00 condition pending
    cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• anyways this is the prices I see, and what most are willing to pay.. you can price your items a touch higher.. with a BO sign under yard sale.. so the buyers are paying what you both feel is right.. some will pay full prices others are going to negotiate anyways..

good luck :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 PM on May. 30, 2009

• yardsales seems to have to be pretty cheap for people to buy.Every one watches their pennies more.People need money that you notice alot of those around you sell mostly trash!We had folks having yardsales around christmas pretty wild.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009