What's a neat family story that's been in your family for years?

My husband's grandfather was going to cash his check back in the 30's,and was walking to the bank in downtown Ft. Worth. As he was, a man and woman came running out,and knocked him down. The man turned around,and helped him up and apologized. It turned out, he got knocked down by Bonnie and Clyde,as they were leaving from robbing the bank he was about to go into!

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 10:15 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You'll like this:

My grandfather as very close friends with Bonnie's family long before their "infamous" era... spending tons of time at her mother's bar/restaurant.... and subsequently getting to know Clyde well, too.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:18 AM on May. 30, 2009

• That is cool Laura. What a coincidence, huh?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:30 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My great great great (or something like that) aunt (who's name is escaping me) was the first woman thorugh Ellis Island.

There is also the story that we "own" land in Scotland. But because the paper work and marriage records were burned in a church fire back in the early 1900's we can't claim it. If there is ever a way found to proove linage, it's ours!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on May. 30, 2009

• When my grandfather was about 10 years old living in South Carolina, Jessie James had stopped and drank water from his father's well. But like we always said you can believe it if you want, because this is also the man that used to stand up to say grace at Thanksgiving and start reciting the Star Spangled Banner.
    tessiemae41

Answer by tessiemae41 at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• There were ancestors of my family who were in the mafia. Not good kind of embarassing.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My twin daughters bio daddy is the Cray Brothers 2nd cousin! I hate it because people always assume that because they have Cray blood in them, they will end up as nasty as the Cray brothers were!?!?
    mummy24

Answer by mummy24 at 4:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• my grandfather sang in the Tommy Dorsey Band but died of Polio at 27,God Bless him! He saw Frank Sinatra in NY and married a beautiful gal and had one child my sweet mama she was 1 when he died.
    Anonymous