How do you get your 13 month old to stop grinding her teeth.......IT irritates me so BAD!!!!

IF she doesn't have a sippy cup in her mouth or food she is constantly grinding her teeth. Everytime I hear her, I try to pop her mouth and tell her "no" she can't do that.. Nothing is working.......

SaSsYmOm358

Asked by SaSsYmOm358 at 10:19 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son would grind his teeth when he was young and the dentist told me to feed him slices of apple. there is something in the apple that is supposed to make them stop grinding. It really helped. Don't ask me how lol
    Anonymous

• I'm 23 years old and I still grind my teeth!!
    My doctor's have said I do it sub consioucsly because I am worrying about something or just frustrated and my SO is forever complaining that I wake him of a night by grinding my teeth so loudly. I find that having a lolly to suck on or a piece of gum to chew on or just sucking on my thumb stops me doing it but I'm an adult so it might be worth trying something else 4 your son?!?!?
    mummy24

Answer by mummy24 at 4:04 PM on May. 30, 2009

• my DD did that when she was little, now at 21 months, she still occasionally does it, it drives me nuts. She gets popped in the mouth & sternly told NO. It's frustrating, but it will eventually work!
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 4:28 PM on May. 30, 2009