Does this supprise you?

(I know I have no life, lol) looking in the mom search section using religion, these are the results:
Christian (all denominations provided): 75,500
Other: 7,875
Not to say: 6,451
Spiritual: 3,750
Agnostic: 2,089
Pagan: 1,518
Atheist: 1,114
Jewish: 642
Muslim: 371
Buddhist: 368
UU: 225
Hindu: 108

Why is it that Christians on CM are always saying they are the minority?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, that's funny!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:31 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Just because someone calls themselves a Christian doesn't mean that they truly are or are practicing. It should be split up into denominations. Catholics considered themselves to be Christians, but as a Christian I am not a Catholic. Maybe even splitting it up by denominations isn't good, it should be split up whether you are saved by grace or saved by works. Maybe then the numbers would be a lot different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Maybe they just can't count? No, honestly I think it's more that there may be TONS of Christians but only a handful that get in to the religious discussions. While other faiths tend to out number them in the religious areas of CM... Just a thought!?!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Very much so agree with anon
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• In regards to the reply of splitting up the denominations, that will not tell us anything. I am not Catholic, I attend a non-denominational Christian church... however, I know plenty of people that are "Catholic" that are Christian and plenty of "Protestants" that are not Christian except by name. Just because you are Catholic or not Catholic does NOT mean anything. Please don't judge others based on their denomination...Only God knows our true heart.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 10:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• In the world Christians are the minority. Only 1/3 of the world popultaion are Christain. Sorry maybe on Cafemom we are the majority.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• WOW, you were bored LOL.

It doesnt surprise me. Christianity(whether you practice it whole-heartedly or not...which isnt up to anyone to decide but God ya know)seems to be majority whether numbers hold that true or not.

Lets face it, its everywhere! LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:51 AM on May. 30, 2009

• To anon, well, I didn't do denominations because its not about which denomination is right or wrong. Maybe if the Christian faith was less divided, they wouldn't feel so small a number in the world?? Statistically speaking, all Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholic, that's why it is done by RELIGION, not denomination. Also, this was taken from the search for moms using "religion" only as the criteria. When you set up what religion you are it doesn't ask if you are a "saved Christian" or a "Christian because I like the name, but I'm not really saved" lol. I do agree though, that there is no way to know whether or not any of the people who claim their religion are practising or non practicing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree with SabrinaMBowen...I can count however, when a religious discussion is posted, the I tend to see few Christian answers when asked "What religion are you?" or "Do you believe in God?", and and Bible posts... I see more pagans, agnostics or atheists answering most of these. IDK.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:53 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I like how people just read the first few sentences of a post and not the whole thing. I then said in my anon post that it should be split up saved by grace or saved by works not by denomination. There is a big difference there, a totally different belief system that shouldn't all be grouped into the same category. I am not saying anything about anyone being right or wrong. I wouldn't be surprised that if the "Christians" saying that they are in the minority are those saved by grace which is why I said that the numbers might be quite different if you did it that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 30, 2009