What do you consider cheating?

What would you consider cheating? Hugging, kissing, porn....? How about what a guy does online?? Would cybersex/chatting be cheating?

allbut1

Asked by allbut1 at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I've found out that getting close to a person on the phone, online chatting etc... ti's all emotional and you're not supposed to share that kind of relationship with someone else besides your spouse even if you're not talking about sex. To depend on them emotionally more than you do your spouse, is not good.
    Porn... haha, no he's not having sex with them, chances are he doesnt' even know what their face looks like, he's imagining what it'd feel like if someone (hopefully me) were doing that to him.
    My hubby better hope and pray that he never lets me see him initiate a hug, or kiss from any other female that's not one of his relatives because I will come unglued. I feel that it's wrong to be touching someone else's spouse and as a spouse I don't want anyone touching me either except him. I wouldn't want to kiss his lips knowing they'd kissed another woman moments before.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:35 PM on May. 30, 2009

• in my opinion i know most people think anything sexual is cheating but i think anything that has to do with a intimate relationship...is cheating. If you are sharing intimate moments, wether it be over the phne or online, i think it is cheating. Because.....if you cant let your husband or SO see what you are typing or doing, then apparently it is wrong.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I would rather my boyfriend just have sex with someone than actually have a relationship behind my back. Kissing wouldn't be cheating, I'd just be very dissapointed. Getting head or having sex with someone else I would consider cheating. Porn, no. Cybering, not really.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I found this answer in another post on here....I totally agree, except for the last part about sex with other people..... "If it is not FULLY consensual between the partners, then it is cheating. For instance, if one needs to lie or sneak, or keep things from the spouse because you suspect it would hurt them: that is betrayal, even if it's just a Playboy magazine. If both spouses fully agree to certain choices, and have good communication, total honesty and openness, and both are truly in agreement, then it is not cheating even if it involves sex with other people. It's all about the agreement that the couple have entered into with each other, and how consensual it is. "

The underlined part is what I don't agree with.

allbut1

Answer by allbut1 at 11:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I say an emotional and sexual relationship with another woman or man is cheating. I don't like porn or magazines in our home and my husband agrees with that. It isn't that I am against others who partake in that but we decided with children in our home it shouldn't be there. That is a choice for adults to make, not for kids to be exposed to. However, I would feel that I would be betrayed if my husband told me he wouldn't watch porn and then did it behind my back. I would rather have an open relationship where he tells me he does it than hide it from me.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:07 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Any action between you and another person that is intimate and you wouldn't want your boyfriend to know about!
    jedders

Answer by jedders at 11:07 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I think there's many forms of cheating....... If you have 2 lie about it or hide it... Its cheating!!! & yea some things aren't as bad as others but its still wrong!!!!!
    The online stuff all depends on how he's looking @ it & was he doing it when u got w/ him & if he's actually talking 2 someone or just watching!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Porn doesn't bother me...any romantic interaction with an actual women..with exception of light flirting....most people don't even know their doing it. Think its a primal thing.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I can't say for sure. There is such a fine line. The easiest way to explain it is if you feel like you need to hide it then it is cheating. It also depends on the rules for the relationship in question since each relationship has a different set of rules for it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Cheating in my eyes is anything from kissing right up to intercourse. Both me and my SO agree harmless flirting can't do any harm but anything else is just wrong. We have porn dvd's in our home that we watch together so 2 me there's nothing wrong with it. If my SO was having cyber sex though I think I would flip because I would feel guilt if I did that because to me it is cheating.
    mummy24

Answer by mummy24 at 3:57 PM on May. 30, 2009