Wiltons Red Red VS. Wilton No Taste Red

I'm making patriotic cupcakes in red and blue. Does no taste red produce a rich enough red color?

HadassasMommy

Asked by HadassasMommy at 10:44 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• In my experience, YES. Most paste colors mix in lighter that the desired color but they darken as the frosting dries.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't know since I've never heard of it before, but I absolutely HATE eating anything with red food coloring BECAUSE of the taste! So, I would probably use it just because it had no taste! (I will have to look into this product now. Thanks for the info!)
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• PSmother, I got a great red using the complet jar (1/2 oz) of no taste red and added some of the red red. The taste was fine! I found my no taste red in the craft dept of Walmart!
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 11:58 PM on May. 31, 2009