Has anyone else felt this way

I gave birth to my 2nd baby a month ago.While i was in the hospital my 4yr old stayed with my mil for over a week. Ever since he came home i've had trouble connecting with him.Ilove him,but their are times he seems like a stranger to me.I feel like i've lost the bond i had with him.He has high functioning autism and has alot of tantrums so it kind of makes it worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sister felt like that a little. When she gave birth, her husband would often take care of her 3 year old daughter so she could take care of the new baby. She said sometimes she felt like "she wasn't her little girl anymore". Don't worry, it will come back!
    jedders

Answer by jedders at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• it sounds like post partum to me hon. talk to your doctor and get some help...both kids need mom. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:23 PM on May. 30, 2009