Is it normal for me to NOT be hungry?

I'm about 9 weeks and it seems like I have no appetite. When I do get hungry I take a few bites and I'm full. I feel like if I eat any more I'm going to throw up.

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem at the beginning of my pregnancy and it turned out to be the prenatal vitamins that i wastaking. So try not taking the vitamins for a few days and see if your appetite returns you can safely take flintstone vitamins instead, thats what i take now 2 flintstone with iron each day.
    tiff94222

Answer by tiff94222 at 11:16 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Yep thats normal. Thats how i was and still am sometimes. When it gets like that just eat a bunch of little meals or snacks through the day. You want to make sure that your eating enough for the baby. Congrats on your pregnancy and hope you get your appetite back.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:17 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i am almost 18 weeks and i feel the same way...I eat a few small meals during the day...andn trust me they are small...But aslong as your eating something your okay..Dont forse yourself to eat, trust me thats the wrong way cause then you will make yourself sick and all that food will be out of you anyway. So eat till your full and you will be fine. I thought it was bad that I dont eat like this crazy pregnant woman but I realized if my body really needed the food it would want it. Plus my Doctor told me my Son is growing perfectly....If god for bid there was a problem the Dr would let you know. Ask the Dr how the baby is growing at your next Sonogram visit anf speak more about this subject with your OB...Good luck and Congratz on your Pregnancy
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Maybe people are just different because I'm so sick of being starving all the time.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:31 PM on May. 30, 2009