how to tell the parents?

im 5 weeks pregnant and was wonderin how to tell the parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How to tell YOUR parents?
    I have found the best way to be "You're going to be a grandma!". Putting it in that joyous light circumvents any negative reactions that might come up, even if only in the immediate moment. :-)
    Good Luck!
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 11:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Buy a beautiful frame and in it put a sign that says "coming soon" with a little babies face. It will be exciting and make everyone smile. congrats!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• 1st how old are you?? If your a teen and your trying to tell them, just sit them down and calmly tell them, I was 16 when I got pregnant and I showed her the positive preg. test. then we had a long talk.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I took them aside and just told them. It was awkward, it was nerve wracking, but I just did it. There's no easy way to do it, so just say "Hey, mom, dad I'm pregnant"
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• With my parents we told them around Christmas time. I told my mom before we came down that I had some ornaments I wanted to get rid of and wanted to see if she wanted any before I got rid of them. At the bottom of the sack was a stocking with "Baby Mrgan" written on it. She pulled it out facing the wrong way but as soon as she saw it she started bawling! With my dh mom we just told her and with our nieces and newphews we put a sweet poem in a frame and had them read it. They all cried! lol Good luck!
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 2:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I took my pregency test over to my parents house and said your going to be grandparents again (this is my first, but my brother and sister both have kids.) One of my brothers friends bought a onsis that said I love my grandparents wrapped it and gave it to them.
    arobinson1491

Answer by arobinson1491 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Definitly depends on the situation. If this is something they may be less than thrilled about (because of your age, your single, etc.), then the best way is to set aside a time in PRIVATE that you can sit them down and let them yell and scream and whatever is going to happen. just stay calm, don't loose your cool, show them you are a mature adult ready for this :) If they are going to be happy...have fun with it! Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Grandparent's day is in September.
    Or get them a box of children's books and say, "you'll need these when we visit :)"
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• im 19 and just found out that me and my boyfriend are expecting we are 6 weeks and one day. I do live with my mom for the time being with my boyfriend also. I was really scared to tell her only because it is such a big change in your life...and you want to hope your ready.. [[wont ever really know though esp on your first]] the way i told my mom though is.. i just flat out said I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST AND IT CAME UP POSITIVE....luckily my oldest sister got prego at 16, so my mom was easy to tell.. just hope for the best, i mean there is not much u can say except to just tell them because your still going to be pregnant if they are happy about it or not. just make sure other peoples opinion dont effect YOUR LIFE DECISION. and CONGRATULATIONS HUN!! :)

-Kelsey
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• The best thing is to just let it out, i told my mom while i was @ work over the phone and i waited until right before she hung up, it went like this "OHH YEA, MOM, UM I'M PREGNANT...." there was a huge pause but then she congratulated me and she didn't stop talking about the pregnancy since.So tell them straight up and early on in the pregnancy (very important).Remember they are ur parents and they are going to love u no matter what. GOOD LUCK!! ;0)
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008