how do i know that the pain im feeling are really contractions?

this is my second child and i think that this is what the contractions felt like and they have not stopped every 5-9 min or so i feel the pain again.

TDyer86

Asked by TDyer86 at 10:57 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the hospital maternity ward and find out - they will hook u up to a moniter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 30, 2009

• The contractions should be getting stronger and longer each time and they should be about 1 or 2 min. long. I was told that when they are 5 min. apart and 1-2 min. apart for 1 hour then go to the hospital. Sometimes your body will fool you so call your doctor and ask them what they think you shoukd do just to be careful.
    tiff94222

Answer by tiff94222 at 11:14 AM on May. 30, 2009

• IF they arent getting any stronger I wouldnt think you are in labor. When it gets to he point that you can't talk through them and they are lasting more than aminute for over an hour, then I would go in, but not before, as they are just going to hook you up to monitoras and make you feel uncomfortable.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:29 PM on May. 30, 2009