does this sound like an infection if so what can i use on it?

My DD is almost 17 months old I tried calling her doctor's office to ask a nurse, but I was on hold for a half hour noone picked up the line. Anyway, my DD has this sore or cut whatever it is on her little toe. It is red and I was looking at it and I picked a little off and puss came out does that mean it is infected? I am sure it does with the puss, but wanted to make sure. If it is then is there anything over the counter I can use to get the infection out?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:18 AM on May. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hey-It 'sounds' infected. I would clean it really good and put some neosporin and a bandaid on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Neosporin- just use alittle and a bandage if she will keep it on. Soak her foot in warm water then put on Neosporin.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• clean it with some peroxide. Put neosporin on it and watch it over the next day or two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Def is infected......but you do need to talk to a doctor. it could be STAPH infection. That can only be treated with a certain pill or a prescription cream. So, you do need to make another phone call. ok? usually the medicine is Bactrim...if they arent allegic. or a certain cream...usually called Bactroban cream. Dont be freaked out...everyone can get STAPH infection. We all have it in our nose and stuff.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I would soak it in an epsom salt bath, then put some neosporin and a band-aid on it. The epsom salt will help dry out and drawl out the puss that is already there.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:24 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I was going to say exactly what ajguinn said.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:43 PM on May. 30, 2009