What is wrong with a gay guy, becoming prom queen?

i heard about this from a friend and i don't see a problem, and it's not even written the prom queen has to be a girl. it's not a problem with the females that ran why should it be a problem for women that are not even in the same school. we should anyone care, as long as the school is ok with it. are these women just jealous that a man won something that they could never get. the popularity contect was won and teh gays take the crown, i think it's just one step closer to gay exceptence, and i am happy to know that a gay has won prom queen, i wish that one had won, at my high school.

sherlockhlm

Asked by sherlockhlm at 11:19 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i have no personal problem with a gay being a prom queen, it is really cool and i think that it is one step closer to peace on earth.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I just think that's why they have prom king. I said earlier it was obviously the choice of that particular student body, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I could see being prom queen for a transgender person.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:21 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Why couldn't he run for king? I think king is for males and queen is for females.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:22 AM on May. 30, 2009

• In my personal opinion, a prom queen should be a girl and king should a boy. If he wanted to run for something it should have been prom king but if the student body didn't care, and the other nominees running for queen didn't mind, I don't see a problem with it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• like i said it is not written it's a personal rule that just got thrown out. the student body votes for teh king and queen and apparently, they didn't have a problem with a male queen.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:25 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't know why this is such a big deal. Of all the things to be concerned with, whether a gay guy is prom queen or king just isn't up there on the list. It is IMHO it doen't matter. Whatever works for him is what works for him.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:26 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I think its cool. A couple years ago a girl ran for Prom King here and lost - but it brought a ton of local media coverage. Nice to hear of someone outside the 'norms' winning something like this due to popularity.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Why can't he just run for prom king? Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's not a man...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i agree just becuz he's gay doesn't mean he's not a man, but it also doesn't mean that he is restrand for the laws of manhood. he can be feminime or musculane, in anyway he says fit.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 12:24 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think that's great I wish I that would have happened at my prom. One of my best friends is gay I think he would've enjoyed that. I don't see why it's such a big deal when the other people he was up against didn't mind. I say good for him!!!
    khs09vallan

Answer by khs09vallan at 3:16 PM on May. 30, 2009