Do you think this is a decent example of what Russia/other nations think of the United States?

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:25 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Quote......

"The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe."

Makes one proud to be a American right now doesn't it? The rest of the world has no respect for America because we HAVE  been giving up our rights these past 20 years.....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:32 AM on May. 30, 2009

• The Russians can see it, Gosh knows they've seen governments collapse as well as economic systems collapse.

But I think we should "give Obummer a chance"!.............

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I find it interesting that libs are all worried about how the rest of the world perceives us, yet do NOTHING to address the negative press! I suppose someone will arrive shortly to say..."it's just one person's opinion, I'm sure that's not how they ALL feel!" LOL Never can get through to some people. ::sigh::

:oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:59 AM on May. 30, 2009

• It comes as no surprise to me as I read foreign newspapers online and watch overseas news.
    Anonymous

• What's funny is that the same countries and leaders that are snickering at us now are the same ones rooting for Obama to be elected! They knew he was inexperienced and would make us fall on our faces!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Agree brandy.I thought it was so niave and ridiculous that during campaigning some were saying "look look the whole world wants Obama!" lol wth who cares and naive to think the entire world wants to pick our president based on having our best interest at heart........spare me.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Putin is simply responding like the typical scorned lover. His close and passionate sexual relationship with Bush is now over, so, of course he is now expressing hostility toward Obama and the US. He'll get over it.
    Anonymous

• and the leader of North Korea anon? You know the lunitic who has blasted off several missles since Barry has been in.Remember Barry talking about he will cut back our defense and all...music to somes ears.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:55 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Answered at 1:55 PM on May. 30, 2009 by: tnmomofive
    and the leader of North Korea anon? You know the lunitic who has blasted off several missles since Barry has been in.Remember Barry talking about he will cut back our defense and all...music to somes ears.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You took the words straight out of my head!!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Sorry,anon:47 but Putin is not the President anymore. Medvedev is the President of Russia.

I read Russian news(I'm fluent in Russian) ,have many friends living there and I can say it is not simply true that Russians think bad things about our President or about USA in generaI. Pravda is not very trustworthy news source.

Just today Medvedev took a strong stand against North- Korea.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 2:52 PM on May. 30, 2009