Muslims: a Question about the Qur' an and Embryology

Muslims claim, that a proof the Koran was from God, is that it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology before man discovered it for himself. However, all the information in the Koran regarding Embryology is copied from three sources, 1. A Greek doctor named Galen, who lived of 150 AD. 2. A Jewish doctor named Samuel ha-Yehudi who lived 150 AD. 3. the Greek father of medicine Hippocrates who lived 400 BC.

In 86:6-7 the Qur'an says, "man was created from ejected liquid- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs". This echoes the scientific error of Hippocrates who believed semen originates, from the brain down the spinal chord, before passing through the kidneys and finally out of the body. (Hippocratic Writings, Penguin Classics, 1983, p. 317) My question is: do you reject modern science and believe the Koran when it says sperm originates from the mid-gut section of a man's body?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:26 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They don't want to loose the comfort faith brings...I think for some God is something they actually feel...you can't really argue with that.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• no one?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• there is a great article on the answeringchristianity site that answers this much better than i could. I would cut and paste, but i am on my cell phone. Just google it.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:07 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I looked over the site and I can't find it because there is so much information.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• just google the site name and semen
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Where semen is made
    Contributing gland Percentage of whole ejaculate
    Testicles and epididymes 5 per cent
    Seminal vesicles 46 to 80 per cent
    Prostate gland 13 to 33 per cent
    Bulbourethral and urethral glands 2 to 5 per cent

So actually, the rebuttal on the site is WRONG. The pelvic cavity is NOT the Abdomen and is nowhere NEAR the chest area. This article trying to prove the Qur'an is right holds absolutely no water
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:31 PM on May. 30, 2009

• http://www.searchforislam.com/gsearch/?cx=001937304971163180674%3Ap9phzc6gctk&cof=FORID%3A11&q=embryo&sa=Search#935

Please view this link for more detailed answers than I can give. I have asked a sister with more knowledge than I have to answer your question with more detail as I don't have the academic references on the top of my head to answer you.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 1:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't bother trying to mesh religion with science....the faithful aren't going to care about science.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:04 PM on May. 30, 2009

• That didn't come out right ...what I mean to say is science won't weaken faith.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:07 PM on May. 30, 2009

• This also may help you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3do0TLv6o
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 2:08 PM on May. 30, 2009