After you shave can you still see the roots under your skin? Then the next day the hair is back. What can you do about this or is it common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't shave, you won't notice. what is the obsession with looking prepubesent in our society?
    Anonymous

• way to answer the ? anon... Only wait 3min after you get into the shower..long enough for the hair to soften...when you wait too long the skin swells around the hair shaft and then goes back to normal when you are dry.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:16 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You can buy skin lotion that will actually reduce the hairs grown on your legs and underarms. It takes a few weeks to months of use but it REALLY works. Also you will notice as you age, and I mean OVER 38 years of age, that your leg and underarm hair gets sparser as you age. Meaning you'll have less and less hair actually growing on the legs and under your arms with, or without lotions.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I have the same problem and am, ahem, 39 years old (lol)... I HATE it. I always have those dots on my legs. I asked this same question here a few months ago but didn't get any responses. I was wondering if waxing would solve the problem since it pulls from the root, but I'm not sure I have the patience to grow my leg hair out long enough to get it done. I'm going to try the 3 minute rule posted above...I don't usually shave until I'm in the shower for a while, maybe that will help. I've also heard you get a much closer shave if you shave every other day, but I have stubble each day and waiting drives me crazy...ugh!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yup--I still see the hair after I shave. The next day I could shave again. I'm 45 and the hair has NOT gotten sparser on my legs and bikini line. But the hair on my head has really thinned out (arrrrgh). I've tried waxing, the hair removal lotion, the sugar system (NADs), plucking. And on top of it, I have really sensitive skin.
    Mish99

Answer by Mish99 at 6:28 PM on May. 31, 2009