Do you think this could happen in America?

I had a very disturbing dream last night. I don't know if it's prophetic or just my wild imagination.
In the dream, Middle Eastern Islamic terrorist had invaded the country ( a huge Army, tanks and infantry) and we're basically going from city to city, killing everyone. It has a kind of Nazi Germany feel.
There was a general feeling of fear and panic. The dream took place several years from now ( in the dream, my ODS was 8-10ish, and he's almost 3 now).
Do you think something like this could happen to America?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 11:30 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There are sleeper cells spread out all over this country. Does anyone really think nothing bad will ever happen here? What about 9/11? Do not forget what can be done here so soon.

And yes, I do believe it could happen. Our gov't are losers that is lead by sissies.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I hope not.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:34 AM on May. 30, 2009

• yes......it might happen
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2009

• No. Look at what they had to do the last time... sneak over the Canadian border and hijack planes and attack us from our own planes where we couldn't do anything about it. With as close an eye as we're keeping on the nations that produce terrrorists, I doubt they could assemble that kind of force against us without us knowing it before they got here.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:39 AM on May. 30, 2009

• you never know it could happen
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 12:01 PM on May. 30, 2009

• No, Between having the largest military and being seperated by an ocean I think that is an irrational fear......Nothing is ever impossible, just not likely
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I guess it just depends on who can come up with enough money to get certain highly influential officials to look the other way! :oI
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:16 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If they wanted to kill everyone in the US, and use less manpower, they will just send nukes. That seems more possible than tanks and infantry; especially since we are separated by an ocean. N. Korea is testing nukes right now, and daring Obama to do something about it.
    So as an offshoot to the question... if we would be attacked with tanks and infantry, it will most likely be from domestic forces....martial law. (Which by the way, has been cooking on the back-burner of the gov't for a while now. You should read some of the executive orders Bush and Obama have written)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Anything could happen.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:36 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Wrong country. It would be China - collecting on their debts that we defaulted on.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 3:40 PM on May. 30, 2009