I got an email about pepsi....

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new 'patriotic' can
coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building , and the
Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,
'Under God.'
Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone. In that case, we don't
want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!
So if we don't buy any Pepsi products, they will not be offended
when they don't receive our money that has the words
'In God We Trust' on it.

I don't drink Pepsi (Coca Cola girl here :) So I was wondering if anyone had noticed this? Andif they did (and it was true) would it change your mind on buying this product?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• While I'm not a HUGE fan of Snopes...they sometimes DO have more "backstory" details than EITHER media group cares to include in their reporting.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

Not a fan of Pepsi or Pepsi products regardless of what they say or don't say.  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:48 AM on May. 30, 2009

• did not notice... most people will not boycot because people will not stand for their rights to be upheld.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:39 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't like Pepsi. It tastes flat to me. But they have the right to put whatever they want on the label. Not sure if they actually have, BUT if they have~ Luckily I have the consumer power of choice. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:40 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't see what the problem is. They did not want to offend anyone. I think it takes more guts not to put it on there then to put it on there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Is this important? I think not. Oh---maybe you need to check SNOPES ? But "under God" ...why should it be on a Pepsi can? LOL. Oh geeeee, have you nothing better to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 30, 2009

• LOL...Thanks Lori. And to the really nice Anon at :54, No I guess I don't, but I sure took some of your all important busy day and got you to respond so I guess the jokes on you :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:57 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Even if this were true, I would still be buying Pepsi products. Its not from a lack of concern over my rights, but over the rights of others. I am a Christian, but I believe wholeheartedly in freedom of religion as well as freedom FROM religion. As the 'under God' wasn't added until 1954, I wouldn't mind seeing it taken away.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Ditto "Ginger0104"
    Anonymous

• Really? email forwards? Snopes is your friend.

Oh and Pepsi sucks and I don't believe in God so no it won't affect my buying habits.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The original pledge was written in 1892 and did not have "under God" in it. That was not added until 1954 by congress. Perhaps people should know the history of the pledge before they start bitching about it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:20 PM on May. 30, 2009