Is waxing safe? Can you do it yourself? Is it effective?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• they actually just did a thing on THE DOCTORS show the other day about waxing and what it does to your hair follicles and your skin. You can do it yourself depending on the area and it only last maybe a week or two. It all depends on your pain level and what you want done. The show recommended hair removers or shaving as ripping the hair out leaves the follicles open for bacteria and everything else.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:59 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i do it all of the time, you can get nad's it is green, if you run out of strips use a latex bandage.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 12:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I wax my own eyebrows about every 4 weeks. The kit cost about $10, as opposed to $15 every time I went to the salon, and it has lasted for a year.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I have been getting my legs waxed for 20 yrs.
    The firmer the skin the less it hurts.

I have used Nads and wax strips at home between visits or when money is tight. I don't think it is as good as going to the salon.

I love that I now have bald spots on my legs from where the hair no longer grows back.
    It is also very soft and 75% is still white.
    I wish I had the guts to do my underarms.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes waxing is safe you can but it's better if you know what you're doing and yes it's effective
    hobabo

Answer by hobabo at 1:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2009